I sometimes have a tendency to think about the things that I don't have, rather than focusing on the things that I do have. I realize that I am so blessed though, and I honestly don't want for anything. I know that there are so many things that I have to be grateful for, so I want to talk about a few of them. This list isn't really in any particular order, but it lists things both big and small that I am truly grateful for.
1. I am so grateful that my wonderful husband, our sweet baby girl, and myself are sealed together for time and all eternity. (So I know I said "no particular order", but this one is definitely at the top of my list!) These two truly make my world go round, and I don't know what I would do without them!
2. I am so grateful that my husband is willing to work hard and support our family. He puts in long hours, and then comes home and studies some more. He truly amazes me with how hard he works, and he never complains. I sure picked a good one!3. Spending the summer in Vernal with my mom has been such a huge blessing to me. She is so helpful, and I have learned so much from her about being a mom. In my perfect little world I would never have to move away from my wonderful mom, but for now I am just going to enjoy the time that I have with her and learn all that I can from her. I also love watching the relationship that she has with Rosalie because it is so perfect! Rosalie loves her Nana!
4. I'm so grateful that Rosalie will take a bottle when I am gone. Some may see this as something small, but to me it is a huge deal. For a little bit Rosalie wouldn't take a bottle when I was gone, and it really stressed me out. Now she is back to doing excellent with a bottle, and I can't even begin to say how grateful I am. I now feel more at ease leaving her because I know that she won't go hungry. It's funny what kinds of things will make you feel so happy when you become a mom :)5. Since Rosalie is my life, a lot of the things that I am grateful for revolve around her. I am so grateful that Rosalie only wakes up once per night now. Yes I may get up at 6 am most mornings, but I will take it! I remember back to when Rosalie woke up every hour or so, and it was hard! Sometimes I didn't know how I was going to survive on such little sleep, but I did it, and now my nights seem blissful with her only waking up one time :)
6. I am so in love with and so grateful for these little rolls on Rosalie's legs. To me they show that she is healthy and getting all the nutrients that she needs. As a mama, this makes me feel so proud! I know that I am doing my best to give her all of the nutrients that she needs, and watching her grow is the best reward that I could ever ask for.
7. I am grateful for piles of laundry... I know, I know you think I'm crazy, but just hear me out. Obviously washing, drying, and folding laundry are all things that take time, and generally aren't considered "fun", but I love that all of this laundry symbolizes that we are living! Washing my hubby's work clothes reminds me of what an amazing husband I have. Folding Rosalie's little outfits allow me to see how much she has grown, and this fills my heart with gratitude to know I have a healthy baby. Even folding my old clothes helps me to feel grateful that I have clothes to wear, and reminds me once again just how blessed I am.
8. I am so lucky to be able to give this little girl baths! She is a fish in the water, and I think she would be perfectly happy to lay in her bath tub all day long if she could. She smiles and splashes in the water throughout her entire bath, and she just can't seem to get enough! My mom always asks to bath her, and I think it is because Rosalie is just so much fun to bath!
9. I am so grateful that I get to wake up to this sweet face every single morning. And heck I am grateful that I get to wake up to her in the middle of the night. Knowing that she loves me and relies on me for all of her needs helps me feel needed and important, and I love these feelings! I want my sweet girl to grow up knowing how much her mommy loves and adores everything about her :)
10. I have never been one to really appreciate the scenery around me like I should, but as I get older, I am doing better. I notice the beauty of the flowers more and also the beauty of the Utah mountains. My mom took this picture the other day of Chanse's work boots by the flowers, and to me it was beautiful! Not only was the picture itself gorgeous, but I also loved what it symbolized to me. Maybe I am just overly sentimental right now, but to me this hit home.
11. I was going to stop at 10 because that was a nice even number, but I just couldn't. I had to say one more time just how grateful I am for this little one! She truly is the light of my life and Chanse's life, and she has already helped us to become better people. Her smile makes Daddy melt when he gets home from work, and her sweet giggles make smile all day long :)
I truly could go on and on about all of the things that I have to be grateful for, but just writing this post has helped me to see that I am so lucky to have so many great people in my life and to enjoy all of the blessings that I enjoy. Take a minute out of your day today, and try to think of what you do have rather than what you don't. I promise it will make you feel good, and help you to see all of the great things that you have in your life!
What are you grateful for?